MEED’s Quality Awards are now open to enter.
On 14 December, Bahrain’s Ritz Carlton Hotel will host MEED’s inaugural Quality Awards for Projects ceremony. The aim of the awards is to raise standards in the region’s projects sector by celebrating best practice in all branches of the Gulf’s construction industry.
The awards recognise project teams that have demonstrated quality in construction, design and project delivery in different sectors. Projects completed in the GCC in the two years up to 30 June 2010 are eligible to enter and nominations are now being accepted. The deadline for submissions is 22 July.
Winning entries will demonstrate excellence in engineering, construction, design and innovation. The entry criteria and questions are designed to reflect this and are summarised below. The judging criteria are strict and transparent, and careful consideration has been given to the questions to ensure that the information provided is clear, concise and accurate.
Locally appointed judges will review entries submitted in each GCC member state. The judges are experts in their field and their motivation will only be rewarding the highest quality projects within their country. Judging will take place during August and September.
And winners at the national level will be put forward to the next round of judging, which will select the best regional project for each of the 11 main categories. The regional winners will be announced at the 14 December awards ceremony in Bahrain.
Judges will also select an overall project of the year, and recognise the individual that has the most outstanding contribution to the pursuit of quality and best practice in construction in the GCC.
Possibly the defining projects that represent the GCC are in oil and gas which represent a large percentage of revenue generation for the main producing countries. As a result these can often be the most technical and innovative. The MEED Quality Award for Oil and Gas Project of the Year will reward the most technically creative and sustainable projects in the region and will be looking for entries from even the smallest projects.
Packaging, petrochemicals, manufacturing and materials are all big in the region and new developments are coming online all the time to cope with expanding markets. The MEED Quality Award for IndustrialProject of the Year aims to recognise innovative and unique approaches to projects of all sizes. Best practice and high standards in health and safety and training are essential to a quality industrial project.
Those submitting project nominations should use the official online entry form to supply information on the five factors in the delivery of the project:
- Economic and social feasibility
- Architecture and design
- Construction procurement and project/programme management
- Environmental impact and sustainable development
How to enter
- Visit www.meedawards.com
- View the ‘How to enter’ guide and click on the category of your choice Fill out the quick and easy registration form. This will allow you to generate a unique username and password and you will be able to manage your submissions using your unique log-in details
- Once the category has been chosen, view the online entry form and complete the questions in the fields provided
- An option to upload supporting material is available for images, drawings, accreditations and testimonials
- An entry can be saved at any point to be completed at a later date.
- The automated system will send out a confirmation once an entry has been submitted
- Launch – 24 May
- Entry Deadline – 22 July
- Regional winners announced – October
- Awards Ceremony at Ritz Carlton Bahrain – 14 December
Contact our awards team by:
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone on +971 (0)4 368 1644