A £25 million contract to transform Shepherd’s Bush Pavilion into a 4 star hotel has been awarded to Ardmore, Construction News understands.
Planning permission for the current scheme was granted to 58 Shepherd’s Bush Green LLP in 2009 and Ardmore’s appointment now paves the way for a start on site in March.
The project is due for completion at the end of 2013.
Under the plans the Grade II listed pavilion, originally built in 1923, will be converted into a 220 bed hotel with a bar, restaurant, coffee shop, conference facilities, swimming pool and gym.
The pavilion was originally built as a cinema but was badly damaged during World War II.
It reopened as the Gaumont Theatre but closed again in 1969 for further refurbishment, eventually reopening once again as a cinema and Bingo Hall.
The bingo hall closed in 2001 and several attempts to redevelop it failed.
It has since been placed on the English Heritage At Risk register.