Keltbray have confirmed that the man injured when a building collapsed in Holborn on Monday was one of their machine drivers.
The firm also said the man, a Keltbray employee for more than 20 years, had been discharged from hospital.
Keltbray managing director of demolition and civil engineering Paul Deacy said: “With reference to the incident on 20 April in Portugal Street, London, where Keltbray is working on the demolition of a building when part of the building and the scaffolding collapsed, we can confirm that it was our machine driver, who is highly experienced and respected, and has worked for Keltbray for over twenty years, who was injured.
“We are pleased to be able to report that having received hospital treatment, he was discharged late morning yesterday (Wednesday) and he is now recuperating at home.
“Fortunately nobody else was hurt.
“Our prime focus at present remains both supporting the machine driver and his family, and continuing our investigation of the incident with the relevant authorities.”
Around 200 people were evacuated from the site and surrounding areas following the collapse of the six-floor building.