See who’s bagged a ministerial role following Theresa May’s appointment as prime minister.
New ministers collage Jul 2016
Secretaries of state
- Sajid Javid: communities and local government
- Chris Grayling: transport
- Justine Greening: education
- Greg Clark: business, energy and industrial strategy
- Liam Fox: International Trade
Main ministerial appointments and responsibilities
- John Hayes: transport minister, with responsibility for Highways England, Modern Transport Bill, skills and innovation and built environment.
- Robert Halfon: education minister, with responsibility for skills.
- Paul Maynard: rail (including housing development) minister. He is also responsible for rail security and light rail.
- Andrew Jones: transport minister, with responsibilities including HS2, local transport and transport aspects of the Northern Powerhouse.
- Andrew Percy: Northern Powerhouse minister.
- A construction minister has yet to be appointed, although the government has said this will be confirmed in the coming days.