Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to the newest version of your browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of Construction News, please enable cookies in your browser.

Welcome to the Construction News site. As we have relaunched, you will have to sign in once now and agree for us to use cookies, so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Chigwell Construction withdraws from Rok running

Essex subcontractor Chigwell Construction has withdrawn from the running for the remaining parts of housing contractor Rok.

Chigwell managing director Dean Floyd told Construction News last week he was hopeful of picking up Rok’s repair and maintenance and Decent Homes contracts with local authorities and housing associations in London, Essex and Hertfordshire.

On Friday afternoon, Balfour Beatty subsidiary Mansell bought the majority of Rok’s remaining business for £7 million, securing the jobs of 381 people. The divisions not included in the sale will be closed, resulting in 235 job losses.

Mr Floyd said this morning: “Having completed a full review and carried out substantial due diligence, the board have decided not to proceed with the remaining contracts that remain available.”

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.