Developer Styles & Wood has appointed Philip Lanigan as its new group finance director from next month.
The appointment follows the planned retirement of current finance director Graham Clark.
Mr Lanigan will join from private equity owned international specialist equipment rental business Ashtead Technology on 1 August.
He was group finance director at Ashtead Technology from November 2008 until July 2009.
Mr Clark has been finance director of Styles & Wood since 1988 and will leave after company has released its interim results for the six months to 30 June 2009, due at the end of August.
Styles & Wood chairman Jim Martin said: “I would like to thank Graham for his hard work and dedication. Graham has been instrumental in delivering the group’s recent refinancing. This planned transition has been critical to the financial stability of the group, which now stands in good stead under the new management team led by Ivan McKeever.
“We are delighted to welcome Philip Lanigan to the Board and are confident that his extensive commercial experience will be invaluable as we continue to manage the business in the current economic environment and take advantage of the opportunities which will arise, particularly as the Group broadens its services and moves into new market sectors.”
- Philip Lanigan is a chartered accountant
- Trained at and spent nine years with Price Waterhouse
- 1994 - Joined NIS Limited as finance director
- 1999 - 2005 - Group finance director of NNC Holdings
- 2005 - Joined Cardpoint plc as group finance director
- May 2008 - Joined an electrical contracting business EIC Ltd as interim finance director before moving on to Ashtead Technology Limited.