Balfour Beatty Construction Services’ UK head of planning has quit for Murphy Group, Construction News has learned.
Mark Singleton has left Balfour Beatty and is due to start work at Murphy Group as its group head of planning and project controls in 2017.
He will report to Murphy’s operations director Russell Kellett.
Mr Singleton has previously held planning roles at Carillion and Costain but has been with Balfour Beatty for 10 years.
Murphy has been on a senior leader recruitment drive in recent months.
Appointments made by CEO Steve Hollingshead (pictured) have included a chief financial officer, a commercial director and a group operations director (see box).
Mr Hollingshead told Construction News in an interview this month that he was recruiting his “A-team”.
Murphy hires in 2016
- Andrew Waghorn from Van Elle Date: November Position: director of ground engineering
- David Burke from Serco Date: October Position: chief financial officer
- Alex Jones from Interserve Date: September Position: head of BIM and digital construction
- Gary Broadley from MWH Date: September Position: head of estimating
- Alastair Smyth from Capita Date: August Position: engineering director
- Chris Green from Capita Date: August Position: group commercial director
- Russell Kellett from Laing O’Rourke Date: January Position: group operations director
- Paul Mohan from Murphy (CP5 director) Date: January Position: Director of rail
- Jim Yerkess from Murphy (framework manager) Date: January Position: Operations director north