Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to the newest version of your browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of Construction News, please enable cookies in your browser.

Welcome to the Construction News site. As we have relaunched, you will have to sign in once now and agree for us to use cookies, so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Inquest begins on death of gas contractor

The inquest has begun on the death of a contractor, thought to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning while renovating a property in Cheshire.

Matthew Nixon, 22, from Stoke on Trent was found dead in a housing association flat in Macclesfield on the evening of 13 December.

He had been working on a gas installation in the property in preparation for a new tenant.

Nicholas Rheinberg, the Cheshire Coroner, opened and adjourned the inquest. A date for the full inquest is yet to be set.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.