A two-man air-raid shelter from World War II has been uncovered on a demolition site in the North-west.
Connell Brothers made the rare discovery when tearing down the manufacturing premises of Rochdale firm Whipp & Bourne.
The tiny shelter was made of thick steel to a standard Home Office design just large enough to fit two people.
The shelters were installed in homes and public areas as well as underground stations throughout London to enable key staff to remain on duty during air raids. They were often reinforced using packed sandbags.
Connell Brothers is liaising with local historians to relocate the air raid shelter to a local museum.
Heavy duty electrical switchgear manufacturer Whipp & Bourne was formed in 1903 by Charles Bourne and Samuel Whipp.