A look at the numbers including a shares boost for Taylor Wimpey, a narrow miss for a rail worker, and an 800-year-old revamp for McAlpine.
51mph – Train worker’s close shave
20190111 week in numbers train hit
He did not suffer any injuries during the event, which happened at 11.25pm on 2 December. Last week it was revealed that two workers had to jump out of the way of a train travelling at 101mph in Bedfordshire in December.
75.1 per cent – Government’s invoice payment terms
In 2015, the government pledged to pay 80 per cent of its invoices in five days and the remaining 20 per cent within 30 days. In Q4 2016, data shows 91.2 per cent of invoices were paid within five days. As of Q3 2018, this figure had dropped down to 75.1 per cent.
150 – RLB’s new national head leads charge
20190111 week in numbers rlb
Guy Robinson had previously been the firm’s head of London project management. He joined the firm in 2016 from rival Blackrock Programme Management. He had previously spent more than 10 years as a director at Aecom.
800 – Age of McAlpine’s redevelopment
20190111 week in numbers inner temple
The project will see refurbishment of its library, hall and treasury building. Along with modernising the buildings and adding a fourth floor, new education facilities including a lecture hall will be built.
7 per cent – Taylor Wimpey’s share boost
20190111 week in numbers taylor wimpey
Chief executive Pete Redfern said: “Despite wider macroeconomic uncertainty, the housing market remained stable during 2018 and we had a good trading performance.” Begbies Traynor partner Julie Palmer said the results were good news for the housebuilding sector and showed it would be able to weather any Brexit turbulence.