Construction News Specialists Awards 2013 winners revealed - read the story in full, download the event supplement and browse the photo gallery from last night!
Cantillon picked up the Construction News Special Award during an evening of success and celebrations at the Construction News Specialists Awards 2013.
Nearly 700 of the UK’s leading specialist contractors gathered at the London Hilton, Park Lane to celebrate their excellent achievements over the past year.
Cantillon was named “best in class”, winning the CN Special Award as well as the award for Health & Safety Excellence and receiving a highly commended in its specialist area, demolition.
Construction News editor Rebecca Evans praised the achievements of all who were shortlisted, highlighting the quality of the finalists and their passion for what they do.
“We have had an enormous number of entries this year. Making the shortlist, being here in the Hilton tonight, is a huge achievement in itself,” she said.
“Being a finalist tonight puts you well and truly on the map – and you can highlight that achievement locally and nationally to help you win work, as so many of our shortlisted companies have done before.
“Winning your category means you’ve not only written a fantastic submission, but that you’ve conveyed your achievements – and convinced a panel of the people that really matter - that you truly are the best of the best,” she said.
Winners, finalists and judges celebrated late into the evening on a night that highlighted the best the industry has to offer.
Our event supplement (see link, right) contains full details of the successful companies and their winning entries, judges’ comments plus a full breakdown of the shortlisted companies and award categories.
Access & Scaffolding Specialist of the Year
- Winner: WEB Rigging Services
- Highly Commended: Network Scaffolding Contractors
Apprentice of the Year
- Winner: Shane McHugh, J Murphy & Sons
- Highly Commended: Richard Withers, Admiral Scaffolding Group
- Winner: Hughes and Salvidge
- Highly Commended: Premier Electrics
Concrete Specialist of the Year
- Winner: VolkerLaser
Demolition Specialist of theYear
- Winner: Erith Contractors
- Highly Commended: Cantillon
- Highly Commended: Safedem
Finishing & Fit Out Specialist of the Year
- Winner: PiLON
Fire Protection Specialist of the year
- Winner: Fire Design Solutions
- Highly Commended: SCS Group
Ground Engineering Specialist of the Year
- Winner: Hydrock
- Highly Commended: Aspin Group
- Highly Commended: Bauer Technologies
Health & Safety Excellence
- Winner: Cantillon
- Highly Commended: Concrete Repairs
Low Carbon Excellence
- Winner: Skanska Rashleigh Weatherfoil
Project of the Year (subcontract up to £500k)
- Winner: Wolverhampton Wanderers New North (Stan Cullis) Stand, Garners Food Service Equipment
- Highly Commended: Grand Bouet for Guernsey Housing Association, Sidey
Project of the Year (subcontract over £500k)
- Winner: Featherstone 2 Category B Prison now renamed HMP Oakwood, PCE
- Highly Commended: Outokumpu – Decommissioning of Cold Rolling Plant, Sheffield, Hughes and Salvidge
Roofing Specialist of the Year
- Winner: BBS Green Roofing
- Highly Commended: Liquid Roofing
Site Preparation & Services Specialist of the Year
- Winner: Groundforce
Steelwork Specialist of the Year
- Winner: S H Structures
- Highly Commended: W A Browne (Building Services)
- Winner: SDP Solutions
Construction News Special Award
- Winner: Cantillon
Congratulations and thank you again to all our winners, shortlisted projects, attendees, judges and sponsors for establishing and contributing to what was a fantastic and very successful event.