Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to the newest version of your browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of Construction News, please enable cookies in your browser.

Welcome to the Construction News site. As we have relaunched, you will have to sign in once now and agree for us to use cookies, so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

CANBERRA, AUSTRALIA:

Local doctors discovered a case of lead poisoning in an electrician who chewed electric cable to satisfy his nicotine urge when he was forced to work in no-smoking buildings. The man said he had chewed almost a yard of cable a day for nearly 10 years because it had a sweet taste, especially near the centre.