Construction News reveals the most read news stories during 2014.
Despite the strong recovery year for the industry and an increasingly bright looking future, it was some of the year’s more difficult moments that dominated the most read stories of the year.
Crossrail’s first fatality in March drew huge industry interest, while Balfour Beatty ongoing struggles were never far from the headlines.
1. Worker dies in Crossrail tunnel (7 Mar)
2. Cameron Black’s demise shuts sites (13 Jan)
6. Balfour Beatty and Carillion in shock merger talks (25 July)
8. Construction News Awards 2014: winners revealed (18 July)
9. Caroline Murphy resigns from Murphy Group board (26 Mar)
10. Balfour Beatty non-exec directors resign (24 Nov)