Balfour Beatty has won seven of the first 16 academy projects unlocked by the coalition government, Construction News can reveal.
In July 2010, just weeks after the coalition came to power, Education secretary Michael Gove put all academies procurement on ice.
Almost a year later he announced that 71 reworked schemes worth £800 million would go to market using a fast-track procurement system between June 2011 and December 2012.
The full list of academy winners under the new wave is below. Jobs are thought to be in the region of £10m to £20m each.
- Kearsley Academy – Bam Construct
- The Bourne Academy - Balfour Beatty
- The Bishop of Winchester Academy - Balfour Beatty
- Portslade Aldridge Community Academy - Apollo
- The Aylesbury Vale Academy – Bam Construct
- Outwood Academy Adwick - Wates
- De Warenne Academy - Wates
- The Eastbourne Academy - Kier
- The St Leonards Academy - Kier
- Oasis Academy Hadley - Balfour Beatty
- The Priory Ruskin Academy - Shepherd
- King’s Lynn Academy - Balfour Beatty
- The Thetford Academy - Balfour Beatty
- Felixstowe Academy - Balfour Beatty
- Ipswich Academy - Balfour Beatty
- Sarum Academy - Sir Robert McAlpine