Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to the newest version of your browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of Construction News, please enable cookies in your browser.

Welcome to the Construction News site. As we have relaunched, you will have to sign in once now and agree for us to use cookies, so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Family 'distraught' over first official victim

The husband of the first victim of the London bombings to be formally identified said today that he and her family had been left 'distraught' by her death.
Susan Levy, a 53-year-old mother of two sons, Cuffley, Hertfordshire, was the first victim of Thursday's atrocity to be named by police.

An inquest into her death was opened at St Pancras Coroner's Court in London this morning by Dr Andrew Reid and promptly adjourned.

Mrs Levy, whose two children were Daniel, 25 and James, 23, died in the blast at King's Cross.

In a statement, her husband Harry said today: 'Susan was a devoted and much-loved wife and mother of two sons. We are all devastated by our loss.

'On the morning of Thursday July 7, Susan and her son Jamie left for work in central London. They parted at Finsbury Park and she continued her journey by travelling on the train that was victim of one of the appalling terrorist attacks that claimed so many lives.'