Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to the newest version of your browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of Construction News, please enable cookies in your browser.

Welcome to the Construction News site. As we have relaunched, you will have to sign in once now and agree for us to use cookies, so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Fatal gas fault

NEWS IN BRIEF

A gas fitter has admitted manslaughter following the death of a 14-year-old girl in her home after he incorrectly installed a flueless gas fire. Cardiff Crown Court heard how Alex Mitchell was found dead at a house in Cwmbran, near Newport, in March 2005 two days after work carried out by Scott Lee Stuart, 38, from Newport. Stuart will be sentenced in October.