Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to the newest version of your browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of Construction News, please enable cookies in your browser.

Welcome to the Construction News site. As we have relaunched, you will have to sign in once now and agree for us to use cookies, so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Mowlem boss to quit after Carillion takeover

MOWLEM director Arthur Moore looks set to be the first big-name to leave the firm once Carillion wraps up its takeover later this month.

The development director joined the group in 1987 and was promoted to the board 10 years later.

He is expected to leave once the firm reaches financial close with the Ministry of Defence on the £5 billion Allenby and Connaught PFI deal to revamp army garrisons at Aldershot and Salisbury.

This is pencilled in for next month and Mr Moore, who has been overseeing the project, is expected to go with a pay-off in April.

One source said: 'It's common knowledge that he has done a deal. As for the others, no one's quite sure yet.' Chief executive Simon Vivian has been offered a place on the Carillion board ? which so far he has not publicly accepted ? while the future of finance director Paul Mainwaring remains unclear.

A Mowlem spokesman said: 'Nothing has been agreed in respect of any directors.' Carillion has set up an integration committee for when its deal to buy Mowlem for £313 million is finally cleared by the High Court on February 22.