Work is progressing on the Olympic Stadium and Aquatics Centre, piling work is complete on the first three blocks of the Olympic Village and work is underway on vital infrastructure across the park including the energy centre, substation and roads and bridges.
Work is also on track to start on the foundations of the VeloPark and IBC/MPC in spring 2009 as well as the creation of the Games and legacy parklands.
The latest figures show that of the 3,046 strong workforce currently delivering the progress on the Olympic Park:
• Nearly a quarter are local residents (23 per cent)
• Over half are from London (56 per cent)
• Just under one in ten (9 per cent) was previously unemployed before finding work helping deliver the Games and over half (52 per cent) of these workers live locally
• 63 per cent are British and 8 per cent Irish citizens
• 86 per cent are EU citizens and 14 per cent non-EU
Up to 9,000 construction workers will be needed at the peak of construction on the Olympic Park in 2009/2010.