A construction worker who fell from scaffolding at a luxury housing development inSwansealast week has died.
The unnamed man was working at the Ferrera Quay complex at Swansea Marina.
Raw data from the Health and Safety Executive shows his death takes the number of workers killed on site to 50 since the start of the reporting year on April 1.
This number is expected to rise further as there are still two months left to go until the year ends on March 31.
Last year confirmed figures revealed 77 construction workers were killed on site - a 30 per cent increase on the previous year.
Ucatt regional secretary forWalesand the south-west said Nick Blundell said: “This latest death underlines the dangerous nature of construction. While it is almost impossible to make the industry entirely safe, construction employers in general could be doing far more to make sites safer.”