The 36 shortlisted schemes, from a total 160 entries, are all in locations that are committed to building more homes as part of the Government’s ‘growth areas’ programme.
Included in the list of schemes are:
- Northampton to Wellingborough Bus Rapid Transit
- South East Hampshire
- Harbour Link, Bus Rapid Transit scheme
- Pedestrian and Cycle Bridge
- Regiment Way Park and Ride, Colchester
- West of Worcester
- Rapid Transit Corridor
- Luton Parkway Station, new Northern entrance
Ministers will announce which schemes have been awarded funding in early 2009.