The winners of the Construction News Awards 2016 have been announced at a ceremony held at the Grosvenor House Hotel.
The black tie event on Park Lane in central London brought together 1,350 people from across construction to celebrate the best of the best in the UK construction industry: the companies, people and projects that champion innovation and ambition.
The Construction News Awards are the industry’s biggest and most prestigious awards, showcasing the best ideas, performance and achievements from the past 12 months. Being shortlisted is a fantastic achievement, and all the finalists deserve congratulations – especially, of course, the winners.
The winning firms were selected by a panel of 69 judges, comprising senior figures from clients, public sector bodies and industry organisations.
Full list: CN Awards 2016 winners
- Winner: Brendan Kerr, chief executive, Keltbray
- Winner: Skanska
- Winner: Mace
- Winner: Thames Water Utilities
- Winner: Tamdown Group
- Winner: Sir Robert McAlpine – The Foundry, Newcastle
- Winner: Arup Associates with Mace – Believe in Better building
- Winner: Costain – Dimlington Terminal Modifications
- Winner: Mace working in partnership with Network Rail – Birmingham New Street station and Grand Central redevelopment
- Winner: Skanska
- Winner: Eurovia UK
- Winner: Willmott Dixon
- Winner: Morgan Sindall – The Enterprise Centre, University of East Anglia
- Winner: Bryden Wood
- Winner: Interserve Construction
- Winner: Costain – Aerial Solutions
- Winner: Miller UK and Hewden Stuart – Hydraulic Breaker Enhancements
- Winner: Scudder
- Winner: PJ Carey (Contractors)
- Winner: ProCure21+: Department of Health and six PSCPs (Balfour Beatty, Galliford Try, IHP, Interserve, Kier and Willmott Dixon)
- Winner: Larkfleet Homes
- Winner: Cundall