The new chairman of the Strategic Forum Lord Martin O’Neil has set out the group’s priorities for the coming year after chairing his first meeting this week.
Lord O’Neil told chief construction advisor Paul Morrell the group should work together to coordinate industry views five main areas.
· the industry-wide implementation of Building Information Modelling
· the roll-out of reforms identified in the Government Construction Strategy
· the work of the new Green Construction Board
· the development of accurate market statistics for the industry
· a continuing focus on health & safety, training and environmental concerns
A former MP, Lord O’Neil’s carreer includes a ten-year stint as chairman of the trade and industry select committee.
He is also a former chairman of the Nuclear Industry Association and current president of the Specialist Engineering Contractors Group.
Lord O’Neill said: “‘I am looking forward to working closely with the industry and the Government on a range of key strategic issues. The Forum sees the Government Construction Strategy as an opportunity to move the industry forward.’