Balfour Beatty Construction chief executive Mike Peasland has been appointed as the chair of a new BIM supply chain working group, supporting the government’s BIM task group.
The BIM4SupplySideDelivery working group will bring together suppliers including product manufacturers, designers, contractors and specialist subcontractors.
Chair of the UK BIM Task Group Mark Bew said: “I am delighted that Mike is able to join the BIM Task Group and bring his undoubted skills to support the needs of the UK Construction Supply Chain in adopting Level 2 BIM.
Much has been achieved since the strategy was launched in 2011 and our ability to collaborate and innovate in the delivery supply chain will accelerate the rate of adopting and improvement. Mike brings a fantastic track record of capability to the project and I know he will add a tremendous focus to the programme.”
The UK Government BIM Task Group are working closely with industry stakeholders across the asset
life-cycle and have established a series of working groups such as BIM4SMEs to help support the
The working group will:
- Help raise awareness of the Government’s Level 2 BIM requirements across the delivery supply chain (both construction and infrastructure).
- Build a programme of activities that will assist in supply chain BIM mobilisation and implementation.
- Create and promote consistent standards of BIM practice across the delivery supply chain.
- Provide the BIM Task Group with feedback and delivery advice on programme activities.
- Feedback on BIM lessons learned from within the supply chain.