The UK’s largest hotel chain Premier Inn has secured eight new sites this week as it pushes ahead with its national expansion programme.
The deals will provide the hotel operator with 744 new bedrooms across the eight sites, with a mixture of office-to-hotel conversions, developer turnkey and new build schemes.
They will create 340,000 sq ft of new hotel and restaurant space.
The eight development deals achieved are:
- Beverley – 79-bedroom Premier Inn as part of the Flemingate regeneration scheme.
- Bromley – a 130-bedroom Premier Inn at Westmoreland Road, part of the Bromley South Central regeneration scheme.
- Catterick – a 60-bedroom Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre at Catterick Garrison (Princes Gate).
- City of London – a 183-bedroom office-to-hotel conversion in EC3, just minutes from Monument underground station.
- Eastbourne – a 65-bedroom conversion of the art deco former Co-Op building at Terminus Road.
- Longbridge – a 75-bedroom hotel and Beefeater Grill as part of the £1bn regeneration of Longbridge town centre.
- Redditch – a 62-bedroom hotel and Beefeater Grill adjacent to the Abbey Retail Park.
- Sutton – a 120-bedroom Premier Inn at the Sutton Superbowl site on St Nicholas Way.
Premier Inn head of acquisitions John Bates said: “Premier Inn is one of the most active developers in the market today. In this latest financial year, we have added 40 new sites to our secured pipeline which is equivalent to 1.6 million sq ft of new commercial space.
“That’s an impressive achievement in anyone’s book and we intend to do the same again, every year, for the next three years as we deliver against our target of 65,000 Premier Inn bedrooms by 2016.”
Premier Inn currently has more than 47,000 bedrooms across the UK and over 10,000 bedrooms in its secured development pipeline.