Balfour Beatty has been selected, as part of the Denver Transit Partners consortium, to build the Eagle P3 commuter rail projectin Denver, USA.
The DTP team will design, build, finance, operate and maintain the multi-billion dollar Eagle project, which includes:
- East Corridor: a new 23.6 mile commuter rail line from Union Station to Denver International Airport
- Gold Line: a new 11.2 mile commuter rail line from Union Station to Wheat Ridge
- A two-mile initial segment of the Northwest Rail Corridor
- Approximately 50 new electric-powered commuter railcars
- A new commuter rail maintenance facility
The consortium is made up of Balfour Beatty Rail and subsidiary Parsons Brinckerhoff as well as Ames Construction, Hyundai-Rotem USA, Alternative Concepts, Inc., Fluor/HDR Global Design Consultants, PBS&J, Interfleet Technology, Systra, and Wabtec.
Once financial close is achieved, Balfour Beatty will take a 50 per cent share of the engineering, procurement and construction contract and a 33 per cent share of the operations and maintenance contract.
The final contract and financing of the Eagle P3 project is expected to be concluded before the end of 2010.