Crossrail has awarded has awarded another raft of detailed design contracts for three tunnel portals and four of the central stations under its design framework agreements.
The contracts in this set are as follows:
- Victoria Dock Portal – Hyder
- North Woolwich and Plumstead Portals – Capita Symonds
- Bond Street Station – WSP
- Paddington Station – Scott Wilson
- Liverpool Street Station – Mott MacDonald
- Whitechapel Station – Hyder
Under the Crossrail Design Framework Agreements announced in December 2008, the selected firms for each of the seven design categories have the opportunity to compete for packages of design work on the project.
Crossrail programme director Dr Graham Plant said: “With the latest announcement Crossrail has reached a major milestone in the detailed design process, as the designs for Crossrail stations along the central route will play a key role in delivering a world-class affordable railway.”