The race for the £600m Northern Line extension deal is down to two bidders.
Construction News understands Balfour Beatty/ Bam and Ferrovial/ Laing O’Rourke are the final two bidders in the race for the £600m deal.
TfL confirmed the race was down to two bidders when contacted by Construction News.
- Statutory consultation period (spring 2013)
- Public inquiry (autumn 2013)
- Decision on TWAO application (autumn 2014)
- Proposed start of construction (spring 2015)
- Subject to funding and permission to build and operate the extension, the new stations at Nine Elms and Battersea could be open by 2020
David Hughes, director of major programme sponsorship for London Underground, said: “Following the issue of an OJEU notice on 15 March last year and the subsequent pre-qualification process, we invited tenders from four bidders for the design and build contract for the Northern Line Extension.
“We received high quality tenders and, following the tender evaluation process, we have invited the two highest scoring bidders to participate in the next phase of the procurement process. This process will involve assessing their ability to deliver the best value for money and to meet delivery expectations.”