VIDEO: Check out our motion story and this brief run-through of just a selection of CN’s digital and print content this week (21 Nov – 25 Nov).
Autumn Statement: Our comprehensive round-up of Wednesday’s announcements includes commitments to infrastructure investment, a boost for housing, as well as six key takeways from the chancellor’s first (and last) Autumn Statement.
What does it mean for construction?
- A £2.3bn local infrastructure fund will be created to boost housebuilding across parts of the UK
- 6 things we learned from the chancellor’s first (and last) Autumn Statement
- A new pipeline of projects will be developed that could be delivered through government’s PF2 Public Private Partnership scheme
- R&D investment boost announced, but Britain still lags behind others
- £23bn National Productivity Investment Fund announced
- OBR revises down growth forecasts; surplus target abandoned
- An industry reacts: Leading figures from across the sector have their say
Our security feature this week dealt with the terror-proofing of the UK’s buildings, and some of the measures contractors can take in order to add that extra bit of resilience to a new-build development.
With the recent trend of administrations, including hire specialist Hewden this week, we take a deeper look at the rate of insolvencies within the industry, and how contractors can perhaps stave off one of the biggest threats to the industry.