The Highways Agency is seeking a contractor to carry out £40 million of maintenance work in its area 6 region around Bedford.
Works include road and bridge maintenance works, winter maintenance and delivery of road, bridge and technology schemes in HA area 6 for projects worth between £4m and £8m.
Roads covered by the contract include:
- M11 from junction 6 to junction 9.
- M11 from junction J9 to Junction with A11/A1301/B184 (where motorway ends) at Stumps Cross;
- A1 from A1(M) Junction 17 (where motorway ends) to A1 junction with A43 at Stamford;
- A11 from A14/A1304 Junction at Newmarket (A14 Junction 38) to A11/A47 Thickthorn Interchange;
- A12 from M25 Junction 28 (A12 Junction 11) to A12/A14 Copdock Mill Interchange (A12 Junction 33);
- A12 from Bascule Bridge, Lowestoft to its junction with A47/A12 Vauxhall Roundabout, Great Yarmouth;
- A14 junction with A142 at Exning (A14 Junction 37) to A14/A154 Port of Felixstowe Dock Gate No 1 (A14 Junction 62)(including circulatory carriageway);
- A47 Junction with A1 at Wansford to junction with A47/A12 Vauxhall Roundabout, Great Yarmouth;
- A120 from M11/A120/B1256 (M11 Junction 8) to Junction with A12 at Marks Tey (A12 Junction 25);
- A120 from A12/A120 Crown Interchange, Colchester (A12 Junction 29) to A120/A136 Parkeston Roundabout, Parkeston near Harwich (including circulatory carriageway).
The contract starts on 1 December 2012 and lasts until 1 June 2018.
PQQs should be submitted by 9 January 2012 and invitations to tender will be sent on 27 February.