Here is a summary of the Health & Safety chapter prepared by law firm Davies Arnold Cooper.
This chapter of the report sets out the most important health and safety regulations and legislation to the construction industry. It highlights regulations which will apply to the majority of construction sites and construction operations.
It includes a summary of the relevant regulations, how and when they apply and any particular points to note – “what you need to know”.
Health and Safety legislation and regulations covered include:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007.
- The Health and Safety Offences Act 2008.
- The Corporate Manslaughter Act 2007.
- Work at Height Regulations 2005.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992.
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005.
- Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002.
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- The Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2006.
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- [Construction (Head Protection) Regulations 1989]
- [Confined Spaces Regulations 1997]
- [Work in Compressed Air Regulations 1996]