In Oman, a number of major projects at an estimated investment of over $30 billion are underway or proposed. The market is buoyant with opportunities in all areas of work such as design, supply, execution and management.
A new land law has given rise to a number of resorts and recreational developments aimed at the upmarket overseas investor.
We are still researching our ‘wish-list’ of organisations to meet for the mission but this is likely to include those involved in:
- 44 road projects linking major urban centres and interior regions including a new highway between Muscat and Salalah.
- Small, integrated cities complete with hotels, residential units, retail and commercial space and entertainment and leisure facilities.
- Free Trade Zones, expansion of industrial estates and development of Duqm as an export hub.
The programme will include the following:
- A pre-mission briefing in the UK
- UKTI and government ‘construction opportunities’ briefing
- Meetings with developers, local contractors and clients
- An evening business networking reception
- Briefing from UK firms already working in Oman
- Site visits or group visits to developers of a major site
Your mission group will be allocated a dedicated mission manager who will be available at all times while you are in the country.
As specialists in the construction and related sectors, we ensure our partners and in-country contacts deliver to a brief based on your business objectives.
Our partners British Expertise are specialists in mission logistics and work with UKTI and others within host countries to ensure each mission is delivered to brief.
The mission is accompanied by a country specialist from British Expertise who ensures everything goes smoothly.
UKTI contacts at the British embassy arrange meetings and events with clients, developers, major contracting organisations and the appropriate government and public authorities to ensure you are in a position to move your business forward in the country.
Tickets for the mission, which include all internal travel and accommodation, cost £2,750 if you book before 5 February.
For more details about how we can make the trade mission work for you email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 728 4628.
Emap Inform, publishers of Constuction News, New Civil Engineer and Architect’s Journal, organises a unique set of trade missions to international markets where UK companies have big opportunities to win business.
In association with British Expertise and UKTI, the events are designed to introduce you to leading clients, developers and politicians and identify contract bids. Successful missions in 2009 included Saudi Arabia, Libya, Jordon and the Lebanon.